MoKee Open Source is based on Google AOSP development of an Android branch. MoKee follow the Google open source code to quickly upgrade, and for the user habits, improvements and enhancements. The source code is hosted by Github, and anyone interested in the technology can contribute code. Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro smartphone was launched in June 2014. The phone comes with a 6.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels. The Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Micro-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, FM, 3G and 4G. The Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro is powered by 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front facing camera.
MoKee 71.1 [Android Nougat 7.1] for Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro is now available, and here is how you can install it on your device.The whole process shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes. Installing a custom ROM on a mobile requires the bootloader to be unlocked on this mobile phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
ROM download link for Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro
MoKee 71.1 GApps download link
- This new Mokee 71.1 [Official] Android 7.1 Nougat firmware has to be installed on the Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC.
- Make sure the device has more than 80 percent battery.
- If you face force close, go to Settings >> Setupwizard >> Give permission
Step-by-step installation guide
- Install custom recovery (TWRP recommended)
- Copy custom ROM zip file to sd-card (internal/external)
- Boot into recovery mode
- Now from recovery menu select backup
- Take backup (previous stable)
- Now select wipe
- Advance wipe & select system, data, dalvik cache, cache
- Now, swipe right to confirm wipe
- Select install & select Downloaded Mokee rom.zip file
- Install success
- Now install Gapps
- After installing gapps, wipe cache & dalvik cache
- That’s all , Now enjoy custom Mokee ROM