Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is now available Unofficially for Samsung Galaxy A3. The Samsung Galaxy A3 Android smartphone is powered by 1.6GHz octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy A3 comes with a 13-megapixel primary camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. Lineage OS Android distribution is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile platform. Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is developed by numerous device-specific maintainers and uses Gerrit for its code review process. As many of you have unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 builds, some of which are produced by our very patron. Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy A3 is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo, which is the Google’s latest mobile operating system and is the safest and fastest version of Android, the lineage OS 15 [Android Oreo 8.1] is much better and has some unique features. Users preferred custom ROMs over stock Roms because of its customization features. Android Oreo comes with new features like Picture-In-Picture and AutoFill so you can navigate tasks without charge. Apart from this, it has strong security and speed improvements that keep your smartphone safe and operate fast.
If you own the Samsung Galaxy A3, then you can manually install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on your smartphone. However, Keep in mind that this custom ROM is currently in the development phase and it is only the unofficial version for Samsung Galaxy A3. Therefore some features may not work properly as you expect them to but the ROM is stable enough to use on a daily basis. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps). you can follow simple steps to Install Lineage os 15.1 on your smartphone. Full Credits to the developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project.
Installing a custom Lineage OS 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your Samsung Galaxy A3 requires the bootloader to be unlocked & a Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your device and kbloghub cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- This new [Unofficial] Lineage os 15.1 Rom has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy A3 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your Samsung Galaxy A3 smartphone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- Make sure the device has more than 60-70 % battery.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A3.
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external storage.
- Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps on them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.
- Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy A3
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (a33g) (SM-A300H):- Download
Samsung Galaxy A3 (a3lte) (SM-A300F):- Download
Samsung Galaxy A3 (a3ulte) (SM-A300FU):- Download
Gapps – Download
# Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Samsung Galaxy A3
Note:- If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation. That’s it! Your device should now have Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM installed ! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Let us know how’s your experience with Lineage OS 15.1 update for Samsung Galaxy A3
by comments below.