Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is now available Unofficially for LG G6 (us997)
. Lineage OS Android distribution is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile platform. Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is developed by numerous device-specific maintainers and uses Gerrit for its code review process. As many of you have unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 builds, some of which are produced by our very patron. Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G6 (us997) is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo, which is the Google’s latest mobile operating system and is the safest and fastest version of Android, the lineage OS 15 [Android Oreo 8.1] is much better and has some unique features. Users preferred custom ROMs over stock Roms because of its customization features. Android Oreo comes with new features like Picture-In-Picture and AutoFill so you can navigate tasks without charge. Apart from this, it has strong security and speed improvements that keep your smartphone safe and operate fast.
If you own the LG G6 (us997), then you can manually install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on your smartphone. However, Keep in mind that this custom ROM is currently in the development phase and it is only the unofficial version for LG G6 (us997). Therefore some features may not work properly as you expect them to but the ROM is stable enough to use on a daily basis. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps). you can follow simple steps to Install Lineage os 15.1 on your smartphone. Full Credits to the developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project.
Installing a custom Lineage OS 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your LG G6 (us997) requires the bootloader to be unlocked & a Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your device and kbloghub cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- This new [Unofficial] Lineage os 15.1 Rom has to be installed on the LG G6 (us997) model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your LG G6 (us997) smartphone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- Make sure the device has more than 60-70 % battery.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP Recovery on LG G6 (us997).
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external storage.
- Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps on them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.
Credit goes to:- NateVM
# Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on LG G6 (us997)
Note:- If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation. That’s it! Your device should now have Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM installed ! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Let us know how’s your experience with Lineage OS 15.1 update for LG G6 (us997) by comments below.