Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is now available Unofficially for Sony Xperia Z2
. Sony Xperia Z2 Android smartphone was launched in February 2014. The phone comes with a 5.20-inch HD display with a resolution of 1080x1920P. The Sony Xperia Z2 is powered by 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 processor with 3GB of RAM & 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Sony Xperia Z2 packs a 20.7-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera. Lineage OS Android distribution is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile platform. If you own the Sony Xperia Z2
and you don’t like your smartphone current OS and want the latest Oreo update right now, then you can manually install Lineage OS 15.1 on your Sony Xperia Z2.
Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is developed by numerous device-specific maintainers and uses Gerrit for its code review process. As many of you have unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 builds, some of which are produced by our very patron. Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia Z2 is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo, which is the Google’s latest mobile operating system and is the safest and fastest version of Android, the lineage OS 15 [Android Oreo 8.1] is much better and has some unique features. Users preferred custom ROMs over stock Roms because of its customization features. Android Oreo comes with new features like Picture-In-Picture and AutoFill so you can navigate tasks without charge. Apart from this, it has strong security and speed improvements that keep your smartphone safe and operate fast.
However, Keep in mind that this custom ROM is currently in the development phase and it is only the unofficial version for Sony Xperia Z2
. Installing a custom Lineage OS 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your Sony Xperia Z2
requires the bootloader to be unlocked & a Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your device and kbloghub.com cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps). you can follow simple steps to Install Lineage os 15.1 on your smartphone. Full Credits to the developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project.
- This new [Unofficial] Lineage os 15.1 Rom has to be installed on the Sony Xperia Z2 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone. So take a complete backup of your smartphone before you install this ROM.
- Charge your smartphone to at least 60-70% battery level to avoid any shutdowns during the flashing process.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z2.
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external storage.
- Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps on them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Your Sony Xperia Z2
Note:- If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation. That’s it! Your device should now have Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM installed ! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Thank you for reading this post “How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Your Sony Xperia Z2” and Keep connected to Kbloghub to continue enjoying these type of posts. If you face any issues or have any queries, let us know in the comments section below. If you find this post helpful, Please share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.