If you are searching for a perfect guide to flash stock firmware on it then you are at the right place. We will guide you on how to download and install Huawei Stock firmware on any Huawei/Honor (EMUI) smartphone by using HuRUpdater Tool. HuRUpdater is a tool developed by XDA senior member “zxz0O0” which allows you to flash any static or beta version of EMUI firmware on your Huawei/Honor smartphones. The tool is still in beta version (may contain bugs for some device).
To flash the official Stock firmware with HuRUpdater tool, users first need to unlock its bootloader and flash custom recovery like TWRP on their Huawei device. This tool supports most of the EMUI devices including Huawei P20, Honor 7X, Huawei P9 Lite, Honor 8 Pro, Mate 10, Honor 10, and more.
Features Of HuRUpdater Tool:
- By using this tool you can flash official stock firmware zip files on your Huawei/honor devices.
- It can detect whether the firmware locks the bootloader or not.
- Find out whether the firmware erases data.
- This guide is compatible with Huawei / Honor devices. Do not try this on any other device or variant. if tried on another smartphone, your device might get bricked.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader of your device. Follow the guide on How to Unlock Huawei Bootloader.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to perform the flashing process.
- Download specified firmware for your device.
- Do this at your own risk. If your phone bricked somehow, kbloghub.com is not responsible for any damage to your Android Smartphone.
Step 1. First, download all the latest version of stock firmware files for your device (for official firmware use Huawei Firmware Finder) (name must match).
- update.zip (use FullOTA file)
Step 2. Now move the downloaded firmware zip files to a new folder on your Huawei smartphone external SD card.
Step 3. Download the latest HuRUpdater.zip from the above download link and move it to the same folder where you have placed the firmware files.
Step 4. If you want to keep TWRP recovery then also copy recovery.img (Twrp) in the same folder.
Step 5. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode. you need to press & hold “Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button” simultaneously for 6-8 seconds.
Step 6. Once you’re in the recovery mode, you need to tap on ‘Install’ tab & select the HuRUpdater zip file and swipe at the bottom to flash.
Step 7. Wait till the flashing process is completed. Once done, you need to reboot your device.
That’s the simple guide to update your Huawei/Honor phone to the latest version and stay connected to Kbloghub to continue enjoying these types of posts. If you have any questions regarding this procedure, you can comment right away. If you find this post helpful, please share this post on social media. It will take only a few moments and it will be quite easy and helpful for others.