- This new Lineage os 15.1 [Android 8.1] Official Rom has to be installed on the Xiaomi Redmi NOTE 4 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- Make sure the device has more than 60 – 70 % battery.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi NOTE 4.
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external sd Card.
- They don’t come to pre-installed Gapps on LineageOS 15.1 builds.
If your device is running on Official Lineage OS 14.1 build, then you can follow these steps without wiping your data.
- Download the Lineage os 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi NOTE 4 from above download link or through the built-in updater app. If you download it from the updater app, you’ll need to use the “export” option in the menu to save the build to your internal storage.
- Now Download the Gapps package from the above download link.
- Now Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Format system partition.
- Flash the LineageOS 15.1 build, and then the Gapps
- Finally, Reboot your device.
If your device is not running an Official Lineage OS 14.1 build.
Note:- If face any boot loop issue, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik‘. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation. That’s it! Your device should now have Official Lineage OS 15.1 ROM installed ! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.