Android 8.1 Oreo for Google Nexus 4 is now available via Nitrogen OS custom ROM. Google Nexus 4 Android smartphone was launched in November 2017. LG Nexus 4 Android smartphone was launched in May 2013. The phone comes with a 4.70-inch display with a resolution of 768 pixels. The LG Nexus 4 is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Micro-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, and 3G. The LG Nexus 4 is powered by 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and it comes with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the LG Nexus 4 packs an 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 1.3-megapixel front camera. In this article, we will guide you how to install Nitrogen OS (Android 8.1 Oreo) on Google Nexus 4.
Google has already released the source code of Android 8.1. If you love Custom Android ROM for your Google Nexus 4, then you may have heard quite a few Custom Firmware such as Lineage OS
, Omni Rom
, AOKP, AOSP, Resurrection Remix
, AICP etc. Nitrogen OS is the latest custom ROM OS built by enthusiast and now the ROM is been developed for many Android smartphones out there. Nitrogen OS ROM is based on AOSP ROM. NitrogenOS 8.1 is mainly focused on battery backup and security.
This Nitrogen OS ROM for Google Nexus 4 ROM is the best Custom Android 8.1.0 ROM for your device with the best stability and performance. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. Nitrogen OS (Android 8.0 Oreo) can installed via Custom Recovery like TWRP, so you need to install TWRP recovery on Google Nexus 4 to use this custom ROM. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. All the credits for this ROM are given to its Whole developer team of Nitrogen OS.
- Clock and date position in the status bar; – Battery style settings;
- Bluetooth device battery level in the status bar;
- LTE enable/disable tile.
- Force close apps by long press “back” button;
- 2 type navigation bar mode: Smartbar (as usual in android) and Fling (navbar from “Dirty Unicorns” Rom);
- Open camera by double tap the power button;
- Double tap on the lock screen to put the device to sleep;
- Customizing power menu;
- Enable MTP instead of charging after connecting to PC;
- Enable/disable dashboard suggestions, conditions and tiles summaries;
- Ambient display customizing.
Installing a custom ROM on your Google Nexus 4 requires the bootloader to be unlocked on this mobile phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD-Cards.
- This ROM has to be installed on the Google Nexus 4 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Unlock Bootloader of Google Nexus 4.
- You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- Make sure the device has at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Download the below Nitrogen OS for Google Nexus 4.
- Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps in them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.
- If you face force close, go to Settings >> Setupwizard >> Give permission.
How to Install Nitrogen Os on Your Google Nexus 4
Now, you can install Nitrogen Os on your Google Nexus 4 smartphone. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
Note:- If face any boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation.
That’s it! This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Nexus 4. I hope you have installed the Nitrogen OS successfully. Let us know how’s your experience with AOSP 8.1 update for Google Nexus 4 by comments down below. Don’t forget to share this on Facebook, Google Plus & Twitter! It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others. Thank you!.