It’s always the better choice to install the Latest update on our Sony Xperia ZR smartphone. Because we don’t have other choices to upgrade our smartphone. Resurrection Remix Android distribution is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile platform. This new popular custom ROM is the descendant of Ressurection Remix 5.8.x, It is developed by numerous device-specific maintainers and uses Gerrit for its code review process. It is known for its full-fledged configurations options ranging from several customizations, tweaks, pie controls, power management, themes, and much more. Apart from this, it has strong security and speed improvements that keep your Sony Xperia ZR safe and operate fast.
Resurrection Remix has become one of the most popular custom ROMS for Android devices. The new RR v6.1.0 nightly builds come with June 2018 Android Security Patch. However, Keep in mind that this is the custom ROM for Sony Xperia ZR. Therefore some features may not work properly as you expect them to but the ROM is stable enough to use on a daily basis. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps).
Installing a custom RR-O-v6.1.0 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your Sony Xperia ZR requires the bootloader to be unlocked & Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your device and kbloghub.com cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- This new RR-O-v6.1.0 [Android 8.1] Rom has to be installed on the Sony Xperia ZR model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Make sure the device has more than 60-70 % battery.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia ZR.
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and move it into your Sony Xperia ZR root storage or external sd Card.
- Most of the custom ROM does not have pre-installed Google Apps on them. So, you will have to download and install the GApps manually.
|Official RR-O-v6.0.0 for Sony Xperia ZR
|Open Gapps For RR-O-v6.0.0
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 (Android Oreo 8.1) on Sony Xperia ZR
Note:- If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP main menu settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik‘. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation. That’s it! Your device should now have Official RR-O-v6.0.0 ROM installed ! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Like us on Facebook or subscribe your email to our newsletter. Please do not hesitate to send us any query or write a message in the comment section below this article. Share us your opinion or your experience! Thanks.