Official Lineage OS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo is now available for ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie. It has been just over a year since Cyanogen Inc. shut, The team has now officially announced the LineageOS 15.1 update with an Android Oreo 8.1 base and made it available to a select number of Smartphones. This article will explain how to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie. Asus ZenFone laser Selfie smartphone was launched in June 2015. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch full HD display with a screen resolution of 1080×1920 pixels. The Asus ZenFone Selfie is powered by 1.7GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor along with 3GB of RAM & 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 64GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Asus ZenFone Selfie packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 13-megapixel front camera.
Lineage OS 15.1 is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo, which is the Google’s latest mobile operating system and is the safest and fastest version of Android. Lineage OS Android distribution is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile platform. Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is developed by numerous device-specific maintainers and uses Gerrit for its code review process. This lineage OS 15.1 for ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie is much better and has some unique features. As far as the new features go, you can now set the custom accent color, and change between a light and dark mode. Apart from this, it has strong security and speed improvements that keep your smartphone safe and operate fast. Lineage OS (Android 8.1 Oreo) can installed via Custom Recovery like TWRP, so you need to install TWRP recovery on ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie to use this custom ROM. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. All the credits for this ROM are given to its Whole developer team of Lineage OS.
Installing Lineage OS 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie requires the bootloader to be unlocked & Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding you can consider all data backups on the phone. You are the only person who is making changes to your device and kbloghub.com can not be held liable for the mistakes you made.
- This new Lineage os 15.1 [Android 8.1] Official Rom has to be installed on the ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Make sure to Backup your ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- Charge your phone At least 40% battery
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP on your ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external sd Card.
- They don’t come to pre-installed Gapps on LineageOS 15.1 builds. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps).
|[Official] Lineage OS 15.1 for ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie
If your smartphone is running on the Official Lineage OS 14.1 build, then you can follow these steps to install lineageOs 15.1 without erasing your data.
- Download Lineage os 15.1 through the download link above or through the embedded updater app for ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie. If you download it from the Updater app, you will need to use the “Export” option in the menu to save the build in your internal storage.
- Now Download the Gapps package from the above download link.
- Now Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Format system partition.
- Flash the LineageOS 15.1 build, and then the Gapps
- Finally, Reboot your Smartphone.
If your device is not running an Official Lineage OS 14.1 build.
Note:- If you encounter a boot loop problem, go back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik‘. This process will help in resolving any issues related to custom ROM installation.
That’s it! Your device should now have Official Lineage OS 15.1 ROM installed ! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Let us know how’s your experience with Lineage OS 15.1 update for ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie by comments below.