Lineage OS Android distribution is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile platform. It comes with a lot of customization to the stock Android Oreo experience while still maintaining stability for a wide range of devices. This lineage OS 15.1 for Lenovo P2 is much better and has some unique features. As far as the new features go, you can now set the custom accent color, and change between a light and dark mode. Apart from this, it has strong security and speed improvements that keep your smartphone safe and operate fast. Lineage OS (Android 8.1 Oreo) can installed via Custom Recovery like TWRP, so you need to install TWRP recovery on Lenovo P2 to use this custom ROM. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. All the credits for this ROM are given to its Whole developer team of Lineage OS.
Installing Lineage OS 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your Lenovo P2 requires the bootloader to be unlocked & Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding you can consider all data backups on the phone. You are the only person who is making changes to your device and kbloghub.com can not be held liable for the mistakes you made.
- This new Lineage os 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] Rom has to be installed on the Lenovo P2 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Make sure to Backup your Lenovo P2 before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP on your Lenovo P2
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external sd Card.
- They don’t come to pre-installed Gapps on LineageOS 15.1 builds. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps).
- Download Lineage os 15.1 through the download link above or through the embedded updater app for Lenovo P2. If you download it from the Updater app, you will need to use the “Export” option in the menu to save the build in your internal storage.
- Now Download the Gapps package from the above download link.
- Now Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Format system partition.
- Flash the LineageOS 15.1 build, and then the Gapps
- Finally, Reboot your Smartphone.
If your device is not running an Official Lineage OS 14.1 build.