Installing Lineage OS 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your Xiaomi Mi A1 requires the bootloader to be unlocked & Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding you can consider all data backups on the phone. You are the only person who is making changes to your device and kbloghub.com can not be held liable for the mistakes you made.
- This new Lineage os 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] Rom has to be installed on the Xiaomi Mi A1 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Make sure to Backup your Xiaomi Mi A1 before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP on your Xiaomi Mi A1
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external sd Card.
- They don’t come to pre-installed Gapps on LineageOS 15.1 builds. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps).
- Download Lineage os 15.1 through the download link above or through the embedded updater app for Xiaomi Mi A1. If you download it from the Updater app, you will need to use the “Export” option in the menu to save the build in your internal storage.
- Now Download the Gapps package from the above download link.
- Now Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Format system partition.
- Flash the LineageOS 15.1 build, and then the Gapps
- Finally, Reboot your Smartphone.
If your device is not running an Official Lineage OS 14.1 build.