Installing Lineage OS 15.1 [Android 8.1 Oreo] ROM on your ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser requires the bootloader to be unlocked & Custom Recovery Installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding you can consider all data backups on the phone. You are the only person who is making changes to your device and kbloghub.com can not be held liable for the mistakes you made.
- This new Lineage os 15.1 [Android 8.1] Official Rom has to be installed on the ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Make sure to Backup your ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You need to Unlock its Bootloader & Install TWRP on your ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser
- Download all the Zip files from the below download link and Place it in your phone’s root storage or external sd Card.
- They don’t come to pre-installed Gapps on LineageOS 15.1 builds. You need to install your own Google Applications package (Gapps).
If your smartphone is running on the Official Lineage OS 14.1 build, then you can follow these steps to install lineageOs 15.1 without erasing your data.
- Download Lineage os 15.1 through the download link above or through the embedded updater app for ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser. If you download it from the Updater app, you will need to use the “Export” option in the menu to save the build in your internal storage.
- Now Download the Gapps package from the above download link.
- Now Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Format system partition.
- Flash the LineageOS 15.1 build, and then the Gapps
- Finally, Reboot your Smartphone.
If your device is not running an Official Lineage OS 14.1 build.
Note:- If you encounter a boot loop problem, go back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik‘. This process will help in resolving any issues related to custom ROM installation.
That’s it! Your device should now have Official Lineage OS 15.1 ROM installed ! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.